Port of Cap d’Agde: access & services
- How can you get to Cap d’Agde by boat?
- How many boats can the port accommodate and what technical services does it offer?
- How can you contact the harbour master’s office?
- Which local businesses are there that specialise in sales, maintenance and fitting?
Access by sea to the port of Cap d’Agde
When approaching from the NE and the East, take the southward route around the Lauze lighthouse then follow a heading of 357° towards the summit of Mont St-Loup between the two lighthouses of the channel.
When approaching from the South and the West, take a wide course around the islet of Brescou, (with the South Cardinal buoy on your port side) then follow a heading of 357° as before towards the summit of Mont St-Loup.
Do not take the route north of Brescou.
Lauze light house: green flashing light. (4s).
South Cardinal: six white quick flashing lights + flashing white light (15s).
Islet of Brescou: two flashing lights red and white (6s).
West Pier: red flashing light. (4s).
East Pier: green isophase light (4s).
Co- ordinates for the port of Cap d’Agde :
- Latitude : 43° 16’ 7’’ N
- Longitude : 03° 30’ 19’’ E
- SHOM charts 7003 - 7054 – 7008
- Harbour master’s office: VHF Channel 9
- 30 kilometres from Sète to the east and from Béziers to the west, the boating resort of Cap d’Agde is only one hour away from Spain.
Cap d’Agde harbour masters office :
- Tel : 04 67 26 00 20.
- Email .
- Open all year from 8 am to 8 pm during the season (8 am to 6 pm out of season)
- Rue de la Capitainerie, Bassin 1, Cap d’Agde.
Technical services for boats alongside the quay
- Fresh water, electricity (220 V) alongside the quay
- Bathroom facilities situated at different points around the docks equipped with showers, WCs, washbasins.
- Refuelling station: premium grade, mixed fuel, diesel. During the season: 8 am > 7 pm. Out of season: 8 am > 12 am.
- Cash dispenser. Dock 1, near to the Harbour Master’ Office in the Outer Port.
- 6 drain pans for drainage oil (technical yard, Malfato dock, dock 1).
- Technical yard: repair and maintenance yards: careening yard, sanding yard, Parking yard for long term works.
- Hoisting gear (45 t, 16 t), crane (2 t): handling vouchers are issued by the port services in the harbour master’s offices.
- Waste disposal point for the port.
- 3 marine railways (1 in the technical yard 2 further west near the sailing schools).
Port of Cap d’Agde mooring capacity
- 2,750 wet berths.
- Boats up to 35 m.
- Dredged docks 3m deep.
- 10 sheltered docks around a 35 hectare stretch of water.
- All places are equipped with Catways; piles or moorings for the largest boats.
- Specific sites for multihull boats. Waiting quays located near harbour master’s offices.
Other sources of information :
- Le site d'informations des plaisanciers du Cap d'Agde - E-mail
- All practical information on ports, maritime and speciality businesses. Download documentation
- Le port de pêche et de commerce d’Agde