The Agathois museum
The museum of popular arts and traditions retraces life in Agde from Antiquity to modern times.
It was founded by the Escolo dau Sarret (School of the "Sarret", a typical hat worn in Agde) and has a fascinating collection presented in 24 rooms: history and folklore of the town, religious art, winemaking and maritime activities, reconstructions of domestic interiors, paintings, pottery, costumes, etc.
The museum visit includes:
- Folklore and Traditional : costumes, reconstructions of domestic interiors, water jousting tournaments...
- Sea & Land : Models of boats, navigation tools, captain's cabin, vineyards & wine...
- Folklore and Art : Nouveau furniture, oriental art, paintings...
Guided tours :
- Guided tours (audio-guide) all year round. : 4,70 € adults ; 3,60 € seniors ; 1,80 € young people from 8 to 18 years old, unemployed, disabled.
- Guided tours for groups (minimum 10 people) all year round, advance reservation is required :Adults 5,20 € ; 4,40€ seniors ; 2,60 € young people from 11 to 18 years old. Special rates for school groups.
5, rue de la Fraternité
Phone : 04 67 94 82 51 - Fax : 04 67 26 29 13
E-mail : email@example.com