10 eco-friendly measures for the environment
10 recommendations for an environmentally-responsible holiday:
1. Keep the sea, the beaches and green spaces clean: don’t leave any litter on the sand, there are litter bins on the beach, use them! Always take a bin bag with you when you go for a walk.
2. Use sun cream rather than oil: oil leaves a film on the water which hinders vegetal growth whereas cream is better for the environment as it dissolves in the water.
3. Use public transport (shuttles): you will save money by choosing to leave your car in the garage and enjoy the benefits of the healthy sea air!
4. Drive economically: in order to consume less CO2, remember to drive at a constant speed, avoid using air conditioning and keep your tyres well inflated.
5. Buy local and seasonal fruit and vegetables: they taste better and haven’t travelled thousands of miles before reaching your plate.
All the markets are listed here.
6. Choose natural insecticides: don’t use chemical sprays, opt for citronella to repel mosquitoes.
7. Observe the regulations on shoreline fishing: make sure you stick to the permitted quantities when you collect shellfish and crustaceans. The collection of sea urchins is also regulated.
8. Sort your rubbish: glass, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal cans and jam jars.....Visit the website of SICTOM Pézenas/Agde to find all the information on waste collections, sorting your rubbish etc...
9. Be happy to observe the aquatic fauna when you go scuba diving: avoid feeding the fish and degrading the undersea environment with your hands or your flippers. The slightest contact with coral can have an irreversible effect on its development.
10. Avoid noisy motorised activities (sea scooters, 4x4, motocross...) that can disturb the fauna and flora and injure people: only use zones reserved for these activities.
Links to websites devoted to the preservation of our planet:
o Adopt good habits on holiday, at home and every day
o Eco-consumerism: important things to do every day
o The right habits for protecting our planet
With you the planet can be more beautiful!